Click here to purchase the solution:
Easy Form Navigation Solution
We are happy and proud to introduce our “Easy Form Navigation” solution!
What does it do? Well, a couple of things:
- Add tabs back to the form, either on top of the form (CRM 4 like) or on the left (CRM 2011 like), or both
- Add left menu back to the form: links to related entities can be brought back!
The picture below shows the account form with all three options activated:
1. Installing the solution
Just import the solution. All this will do is to create web resources. No other customization is performed upon installation. The solution is unmanaged, so you are free to change everything you want.
All the web resources schema names are prefixed with llx_.
So here’s the web resources that will be created with this solution:
- llx_form_easynav (html)
2. Options of the solution
Now that the solution is installed, it can be manually adding the web resources to the forms of your choice.
The options of the web resource
- Left navigation: displays the links to the related entities
- Left tabs: displays the form tabs on the left
- Top tabs: displays the form tabs on top
See the pictures below:
- Left navigation:
- Left tabs:
- Top tabs:
3. Manually adding the webresource
Simply add the web resource the form header. Here are the parameters:
- Visible by default
- Custom parameters: you can choose to activate any of the three options here: lefttabs=true&toptabs=true&leftnav=true
- Select the number of columns to have full width
- 2 rows
- Scrolling: never
- Uncheck Display border
This solution combines supported and totally unsupported techniques:
- Html code is dynamically inserted on the form
So, keep the following in min:
- The web resource could become useless, in which case we would release a new version, if possible. But the worst case scenario is that you’ll have to remove it from the form
- So, while this solution has been successfully tested on online environments, please keep in mind that Microsoft could make updates that can break the solution.
- This solution is sold “as-is”, with no warranty whatsoever that it will work. It uses unsupported techniques and it can break your system. Use it at your own risk. Leolix will not take responsability for any damage that would be caused by using any of its products. Make sure an experienced Dynamics CRM expert uses it.